Sometimes it feels like the simplest of tasks are made overly complicated by modern technology. Among those things is the difficulty in sending vCards to people. vCards are contact cards; a file that contains a person’s contact information as stored by your favorite contact management list. You can import/export vCards from the Address Book application on your iOS device, Outlook, Gmail, etc.
More and more often I find myself needing to send contact information from myself to someone else who needs the information. Gmail doesn’t currently allow this at all. There is no way to attach a vCard in Gmail to an email as an attachment. From your iPhone or iPad however, its easier than you think.
Here is the process:
- Search for and find the contact whose contact card you want to send
- Open that contact’s profile
- Scroll to the bottom and select the option to “share contact”
- Select either Email or Message option
- Enter the name of the person you want to send it to
If sending via message you will be either to utilize either iMessage or SMS depending on the availability of the other user.
Not to bad right?