WordPress has quickly gained popularity as a blogging platform and website creator. WordPress offers a solution to people looking to start a website or blog that don’t have a lot of html or other coding experience. WordPress is simple, versatile, and powerful when it comes to site optimization. (This site is a wordpress site)
An added benefit of WordPress is the availability of an app for your iPhone or iPad. Previous versions of the WordPress app were seriously lacking and buggy. The day before this new update came out I was on the phone with one of my clients in Virginia applogizing for the problems he was having with his WordPress app. He was of course convinced that there was something wrong with his site and I admit I was also a little baffled. Luckily an update saved the day.
On Oct 1st the WordPress app was updated to include a lot more dynamic features. It also fixed (as far as I can tell) all of the bugs that were causing so many issues. Features now include:
- Video recording. You can easily upload, attach, and play videos within the app.
- A total rewrite of the way local drafts are handled, to prevent the unintentional loss of your pending posts.
- Autosave/post revisions. Bam! One of the “oh, thank goodness” features of the web app makes it into the iOS version.
- Easier setup. Faster and easier process for adding your sites to the app.
- Media Library. We’re gradually getting closer to the media management you’re used to in the web app.
Thank you WordPress for making these improvements!
Jacob S Paulsen