PDF files are generally used in business both because they tend to be light in file size and because they are non-editable. There are plenty of times when you as a professional may need to send a document or file from your phone to someone else but would like to send it lighter or in a format that cannot be changed.
PDF Printer for iPhone allows you to convert or save Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files as well as Photos and Contacts to Adobe PDF format on the iPhone. Once installed PDF Printer appears as an option in the Open As menu when you open the files listed above.
Also from the web browser you can open, view, and convert to PDF any web page. This can sometimes be better than trying to pinch and zoom to get the best screenshot of a webpage you need to send someone.
According to the developer PDF Printer can also:
- Open files from official MobileMe iDisk and other cloud storage applications
- Transfer documents from desktop computers
- Copy & Paste notes from the Notes application
- Open documents from Mail and Safari
- Download documents or pictures from your Dropbox account for converting
- Upload ready PDF documents to your Dropbox account
Converted PDF files could be opened in iBooks for best reading experience. Also, you can send PDFs by e-mail, open in other apps and even transfer to computer over USB using iTunes File Sharing.