If you use Parallels on your Mac to run Windows and you have an iPhone… how can you not buy this app. This official Parallels app, available in the App Store, allows you to remotely control not only your instance of Windows on any of your Mac computers, but also to access the Mac itself.
This isn’t too much different from some of the other reliable desktop remote connection apps available but one thing that sticks out to me is the ability to view and listen to flash video and audio from your iPhone and iPad that is running on your Mac computer.
You can also copy information from your Mac computer to your mobile device’s clipboard which is a SUPER handy feature.
You must have Parallels Desktop 6 or higher and some features are only available for version 7.
Parallels Configuration Instructions from the Developer:
- Requires Parallels Desktop for Mac, version 6 or 7 (registered copy) and at least one virtual machine with Parallels Tools installed.
- In Parallels Desktop, choose Parallels Desktop > Preferences, click Mobile, and log in to your Parallels account using the email you provided during registration.
- Your Mac should be powered on.
- Download Parallels Mobile and install it on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
- Open Parallels Mobile and log in to your Parallels account using the email and password you used to register your copy of Parallels Desktop.
- Your Mac will appear in the list of available Macs. Click it to access your Windows or other OSs.
IMPORTANT: Before using Parallels Mobile, make sure you have registered your copy of Parallels Desktop and logged in to your Parallels account using Preferences > Mobile. Remember that to be able to connect to your Mac using Parallels Mobile, your Mac should be powered on.
According to the developer they are running a temporary sell for just $4.99 after which time the cost will be increased to $19.99.