If you have never heard of Orkut dont feel bad. Orkut is a social network similar to Facebook that is Google owned. Although not very popular in most parts of the world, more than 80% of its users live in Brazil and India.
It isn’t Google plus and many of us have been wondering for years what Google intends to do with it, but a lot of my Brazilian friends rely on it. It was originally developed by a Brazilian and you will quickly find that you may need to speak Portuguese to interact with most of the users on Orkut.
The app is clean and well defined. Features include:
- Update your status
- Check your scraps and messages
- Reply to your friends birthdays
- Check your friends updates
- Browse your friends profiles, scraps and photos
- Take new photos and upload them directly to your Orkut albums
- Share your life anywhere, anytime with the people you care about