We live in a media overload society. Its hard enough to sort through all the articles, news stories, and blog posts out there. Instapaper for iPhone or iPad gives you an opportunity to archive everything that looks interesting. Later when you have a little more leisure time (maybe your lunch break?) you can batch all the reading into a single time block.
Sending content to Instapaper is easy. You can save any web page or content to Instapaper as well as batch content from over 150 other common iPhone applications… even your email. Some of the best features include all the content being made available offline. This is nice for airplane rides, subway commutes, etc. Also, the content is stripped of any heavy graphics so as to be optimized for your mobile Apple device. Its widely recognized as the best solution for saving content to be read or viewed later.
Additional Instapaper features according to the developer:
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
- Folders for organization
- Dictionary and Wikipedia lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Share via email, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Pinboard, Evernote, or other supported apps
- Rotation lock
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
- Download up to 500 articles on your iPhone or iPad, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
- Search your entire reading history (available via in-app purchase)