There is no end to the number of business directory type applications available for download from the App store. I suspect however that the new BBB app will do much more to draw attention. The Better Business Bureau has been a source for reliable information about local business for nearly 100 years. Last year alone consumers turned to the BBB 87 million times to help them find reliable and honorable businesses in their community.
According to the official press release the app includes the following features:
BBB Search features include:
- Search for local businesses or charities by name, phone, URL, or category type.
- Search via current location or specified city, state or zip code.
- Display search results in list or map views.
- Access previous searches through the history menu.
- View the BBB Business Review for every business listing, complete with BBB Rating, contact information, BBB Accreditation status, consumer complaint history, and more.
- Save a listed business’s information to “Favorites” or an iPhone’s contacts.
- Share a business’s BBB Business Review URL via email, Twitter or Facebook.
- Find a BBB near you.
- Read the latest BBB Consumer News.
The official launch of the BBB Search App follows a successful soft launch in June, with additional enhancements and fixes:
- BBB Consumer News now includes a “pull down to update” feature.
- BBB Business Reviews display a mobile-optimized interface within the app.
- The zip code keyboard now supports letters for Canadian postal codes.
- If a zip code was set in the search options, that zip code is also used as the default location for the “Find a BBB” search field.
- Tapping on “Find a BBB” automatically displays the closest BBB location based on the current zip code setting.
- When adding a selected business to your iPhone’s contacts, the business’s phone number is now always included.